Visit MySahana’s booth at the South Asian Heart Center and Jain Temple’s Health Fair. (More info)
Facts about MySahana
• Founded on January 25, 2010 by Parijat Deshpande, a Marriage and Family Therapist intern and a Psychology Lecturer at UC Berkeley.
• 501(c)3 certified as a charitable and educational nonprofit.
• “Sahana” means fortitude or patience in Sanksrit.
• Have 7 active volunteers and interns
• Primarily web-based organization dedicated to spreading awareness and providing education about mental health and emotional health issues in the South Asian community.
• Website averages about 6000 readers per month.
• Won ICC’s SEVA award for the most innovative nonprofit on September 24, 2011.
• Cadatasoft generously donated MySahana office space until May 2012.
In the Media
Links to media interviews and articles about the organization.
Archived monthly newsletters, called MyMantra, with extra information and tips about mental health not found on the website.
Partners and Sponsors
A list of MySahana’s partners and sponsors.
Subscribe to the website’s RSS feed.
To request a speaker for an event (e.g. conferences, workshops, panels, etc.), please email Parijat Deshpande.
For press-related inquiries or to an schedule interview, please contact:
Founder and Executive Director
Email: parijat (at) mysahana (dot) org
P.O. Box 361301
Milpitas, CA 95036-1301